Wednesday, April 03, 2013

What do you wish to believe in?

Time for a new question! Every Wednesday I participate in Jamie Ridler Studios´ Wishcasting Wednesday practice. Knowing what I wish for helps me guide my actions.


Some days I know immediately what I wish for. Some days I have to let the question simmer for a while.
Some days I post my wish. Some days I keep it private.
Some days I answer exactly what is asked. Some days I go in a round about way to adapt it to what is on my mind.


Today Mary Joyce, the Resources Queen posted an article about the process of making your dreams become reality. This quote had me nodding and reaching for my lists notebook:

"Dreams are in your head. Goals are written down."

Brilliant! You may read the whole article and suscribe to the cool iCoach magazine by clicking here

Today Jamie asks "What do you wish to believe in?". You can participate too by joining the Linky party.

The question reminded me of this post Quinn McDonald wrote on authority and personal power this week. The last paragraph said:
 
"Being a leader doesn´t mean being given power. It means working with people who believ in you.
Be the person people can believe in, and you´ll have your power. If you believe in it yourself."

After reading that I had it as my mantra each time I posted or worked on decluttering and organizing.

Be the person people can believe in.

I wish to believe in my power. I wish to be the person people can believe in, so I walked my talk this weekend. That´s how I went from this:

Through this:
To these:


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to clean up my children's bedroom, so I need some of that power myself!

Ginny said...

Looks great Paula! So does my oven.

Fran said...

Now thinking what I have to clean up and sort out today. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

Diane said...

I love that quote
"Being a leader doesn´t mean being given power. It means working with people who believe in you.
Be the person people can believe in, and you´ll have your power. If you believe in it yourself."

I just got a new manager at work, and we honestly believe him when he says and does things to turn the department around (for the better). Our last manager never stuck up for us and didn't LEAD us. She would sit in our office and hope we all did our jobs correctly.

Pierced Wonderings said...

the quote about leadership hits me in the gut. Wow.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

BunnyKissd said...

Fabulous! As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.

Joy said...

Nice! As you wish for your self so I too wish for you as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails