Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Keep it simple, make it work 5.1 The table

For the past four months I´ve been running a decluttering and organizing series. You can read the whole lot of posts here! My aim is to find time and space for my creativity within my daily life. So I have to make time and space. ;) Share the path with me!


The project´s summary:
9 months to streamline your home spaces and systems
3 months for the practical spaces: kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room
3 months for the shared areas: entry hall, dining room, living room,
3 months for the personal spaces: bedrooms, office, hobbies room
1 big task each week illustrated with my own pictures and daily {gentle} reminders, tips and cheering at my Facebook page. Like my Facebook page Paula - Buenos Aires to be able to follow the tips every day and record your progress with a friendly crew!

This month we will work on the dining room. The goal is not a Martha Stewart perfect room, although yours can look like it. The goal is to make it work for us. Functional and pretty.

This week we will check all the linens. Get them all together.

* Check your table cloths. Are they clean? Do they need repairs?
* When the table is not in use, do you have a table runner? Do you place one over the main tablecloth?
* Check the placemats. Do you have embroidered ones? Do you have plastic ones? Other materials?
* Check your napkins. Do you use cloth napkins or paper ones?
* Do you use napkin rings? Time to check those.

Do you keep the linen in the kitchen or the dining-room?

4 comments:

Don Purdum said...

Great questions and decor ideas. It's amazing how a table runner can change a room!!!

Shionge said...

Hi Hi Paula,

It has been a while since I last visited and just back from a family holiday ;D

Was staying with our English friend in Birmingham and setting the table is just an elaborate affair and I love it! From the different number of table clothes and mat, paper napkins etc.

For us, we usually using plastic table mat and hmmm....now that I read this, time to change new ones :D

Please send my love to all at home :D

Cheers
Betty

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Don, we are expecting a guest for the next two months, so I´m checking everything! :D

Sooooo good to see you Betty! Enjoy searching for your new cute mats. :)
How´s your family doing?

misteejay said...

The table in the dining room usually stays covered with a plain table cloth and a centre decoration (currently a candle display). My 'every day' place mats are woven rush but I have some hand embroidered ones that I keep for special occasions.

All the table linen and accessories live in the dresser in the dining room.

Toni xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails