Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Agust 2013 update / September plans

Instead of my usual 12+ posts per month I only posted 3 times in August. It was one of my busiest months ever and also one that brought home many lessons on both organizing and letting go.

Here´s what we´ve been up to, as for Creative Every Day challenge 2013 by Leah Piken Kolidas, I´m taking at least a picture a day for the whole year. This is my fourth time around with the Pic-a-day project and at the end of each month I make a mosaic of the month´s pictures and also summarize it in numbers for the My month in numbers feature by Julie Kirk.  Here are some inspirational instructions on how to go about it. 

I´ve taken 239 of the possible 244 pictures for 2013 so far, here are the 31 that I chose for August from the 194  I will be keeping: CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO MAKE IT BIGGER


a) How many visitors did you have? From 1 to 5 "extras" every day this month. David is a German student who stayed with us for two months. His friends Marius and Lukas stayed at home a lot (although they were officially at other homes)
Marius, my hubbie Daniel, me, David and Lukas just before boarding the plane back to Germany
b) The earliest we got up was at 4am to take the kids to the airport on August 1st as they were going to El Calafate to se the glaciers.

More numbers!
FOUR types of candy from the same brand: honey, mint, toffee and fruit.

TWELVE months it took to pay for our eldest son End of School trip. August was the last one!

The German kids took THREE trips: El Calafate, IguazĂș and Puerto Madryn.
Finished TWO books. Yay! I´m reading real books again! ;)
I got THREE flower bouquets from my boys.
ONE cool ring for Tati.
As you can see in the mosaic we went out A LOT and we had the kids home MANY times, playing in the garden, watching telly, simply hanging out. :D

Have you ever been an exchange student? Have you ever hosted one? 
For me it was a nerve wrecking experience on the first week. Yes, the week I wanted EVERYTHING to be perfect. Then I learnt to multiply meals at a moment´s notice, to accept that boys could use pink sheets and that sometimes plan didn´t work out and it was ok. ;)


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

Michelle Liew said...

I like the challenge of taking a picture a day! I might just join you!

Sophie Bowns said...

Great post! I always try to be up for a challenge!

misteejay said...

And you survived to tell the tale LOL.

You really have been busy Paula but you have a wonderful collection of photos as reminders of this exciting (if hectic) time.

Toni xx

Delia @ Blog Formatting said...

Great collection of photos, Paula! I am amazed at how many things you can accomplish, good for you!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Thanks everyone! These pictures are a joy to me. :) I´ve already printed some. :D

Julie Kirk said...

It's good to see those flowers ... you certainly deserve a treat for all the care / meals / trips you've been giving this summer!

As usual your numbers are full of all that energy and colour that life with teenagers can bring!

I've added you to the board now Paula: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Happy September to you all!

Julie :-)

p.s: The questions for the 3nd 'Communal Count' are now up on my blog if you want to join in again :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails