Thursday, September 04, 2014

My month in numbers August 2014. Goals check in.

August was all about art. We hadn´t set that intention, it just happened!

Edited to add: It took me 3 hours to write this post in between editing, resizing photos, making a photo collage and getting the numbers.

What is the longest you took to write a blog post?

For August 2014´s update and goals check in I´m doing {My month in numbers}. It is a project taking place at Julie Kirk´s blog  where you sum up your month with numbers. Here are some inspirational instructions on how to go about it. This is my 29th consecutive participation.

I´m keeping 118 photos and 1 video for the month. Here are my favourites from each day. Click on the mosaic to see it bigger.

I followed 25/31 of the #photoprompts for August plus 3 Plan B takes:  Find September´s prompts here in this note on my Facebook page (note available only during September 2014)!

For daily reminders of the #photoprompts Like my Facebook Page here or Follow me on Twitter here.

"On line" goals:

In August my Paula - Buenos Aires Facebook page grew by 45 followers. I´m hoping for the 900 followers milestone next. Suddenly the "crazy" goal for 2014 of 1000 looks doable. My Twitter account for which I didn´t set goals is growing too. 297 persons are following @PBAtweets.

Btw: everyday at 6pm my time I post a #photoprompt for the next day. Takes off the pressure of thinking what to photograph for your 365 projects, gives you a conversation starter and once you start looking for things you actually SEE more.

Plus I wrote 4 Wednesdays posts and had 1 guest blogger:
+ My July´s numbers.
+ #augustmoon14 writing prompts days 1 to 3
+#augustmoon14 writing prompts days 4 to 10
+ #augustmoon14 writing prompts days 11 to 15
+ Coach Donna: Fall in love with Life



Still working for the International Bloggers Association in my role of  VP of our G+ community which you can join here

I was invited to cohost linky parties:
+ 4 #ilovesocialsaturday
+ 4 Ultimate Facebook parties
+ 3 #Growyourcircles
That many linky parties I´ve been doing had been overwhelming for my Happysnappy blog so I moved them to their own site: Nice to meet you


My "hobbies" goals for this year include:

60 layouts (0 so far), 12 fiction books ( 0 in August, 5 total), 6 non fiction ( 0 for June, 3 in total ) and 6 rereadings (1 ! Finally!!!).

My "go out" goals for 2014:
The girl in the pink shorts is my daughter. :D
You can barely see my face behind her.

From the 6 new places to eat: this month, that is 2 total, 1 craft fairs in August ( 7 total), 0 animé exhibitions ( 3 out of total Yay! ) and  from the 3 new Museums the count is still at 1art exhibit in Jan. and now 1 revisit.
I hadn´t added any theatre or dance, yet we were invited to two events.

First a ballet gala. Marianela Nuñez is one of the Principal Dancers in The Royal Ballet. From London to her childhood neighbourhood, which is my own. She came for a charity event. :) 

The school my kids attend has a theatre for the school plays and also has its own troupe with students, former students, parents and teachers. They usually present German plays because it is a bilingual school Spanish / German. This year we were invited to see Happy End by Bertolt Brecht.

Ever been to a ballet or a musical? 

Follow on Bloglovin

37 comments:

misteejay said...

Lovely photos Paula - lots of great things to see.
Several years ago a Russian Ballet company performed Sleeping Beauty not far from where I live. It was an amazing production as it combined traditional ballet with scenes involving ice-skating.
Toni xx

Sian said...

TSO and I would love to see Marianela Nunez. You lucky thing! We saw Swan Lake in St Petersburg last summer and won't ever forget it

Julie Kirk said...

No, I've not been to a ballet - yet - although I would like to. [But I have seen plenty of musicals]. And what a lovely connection to have with the dancer - of course you had to go and see her!

As for how long a blog post has taken me ... I daren't say. I'm sure I've sat for the good part of a day working on some! Scary to think when it's not a paying 'job'!!

Thanks for joining me in your busy blogging schedule Paula. Your August is pinned to the Month in Numbers board with those from all the other documenters-of-digits here: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Here's to a happy-September ahead!

Julie :-)

Unknown said...

Great goals, and congrats on the (almost) 900 followers! I've never been to a ballet , but wanted to go for the past several years.

Yvonne Roga said...

All fabulous numbers. Congratulations on meeting your goals. It's very impressive.

Unknown said...

I like that you post tomorrow's photoprompt at the end of today. I should start making the next days today list the night before.

Unknown said...

All the photos are great. You have been very busy. I have never been to the Ballet or to a Musical.

loveforlacquer said...

Congrats on those numbers & meeting your goals!

Liz Mays said...

It usually takes me several hours to write a post because of all the photo editing. I wish I could write them fast! You're really growing -- congrats!

Unknown said...

It sounds as though you are well on your way to meeting your social media goals. It's fun to read about what other people's goals are, that we're all trying to improve ourselves.

Unknown said...

What a fun post. Congrats on your growth!

Unknown said...

I love that this company uses monk fruit ans Stevia to sweeten their product. I wonder if my kids would like it.

XmasDolly said...

What a fabulous Post and ideas you have. Love all the photos and the video. Thanks so much for sharing. I was totally entertained so to speak.

Bonnie G said...

Ugh I can't remember how long I have spent on a blog post but I do know that I spend wayy to much time on them.

Unknown said...

You've got some great goals! Lots of things to see and do in life!

Erica Brooks said...

Wow! I don't think that I have ever tracked my activities in numbers. You did a great job on the photos.

Ben @ Cheap is the new Classy said...

The absolute longest it ever took me to write a blog post was approximately 45 minutes.

Mrs. Mashed Up said...

Fabulous that you are setting goals! It can take me a while to write an article, so it is great you can do so quickly (to me at least)…. and I think your social media goals seem very attainable =) Good luck, and keep going!

mail4rosey said...

We have been to musicals and to ballets. Both are nice. I have never been to an opera though, I'd love to do that...preferably in Australia for the first time. ;)

Nolie said...

I have never been to a ballet or musical. I would love to see The Lion King.

patranila said...

Looks like you had a really productive month! Mazel!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

That sounds cool Toni! My parents took me to Disney on Ice when I was a kid. It was lovely.

Ballet in St Petersburg is superb Sian!

Julie, we were invited because it was a city hall production and Daniel is the current president of our school which is the biggest in the neighbourhood.

Thanks Samantha. :) Take action! ;)

Thanks Yvonne. :)

It saves a lot of time Mammalicious RAOM.

Catherine, actually I didn´t notice how busy it was until I saw the pics. :D

Thanks loveforlacquer

That is what I noticed Liz, editing takes a lot of time that is not "seen" in the final take.

Elizabeth, I found an old list with my 5 years on line goals plan and I´m getting there in Year 3. :)

Thanks Gabby. :)

Thanks Marie! Your comment made my day. :)

Time flies when we are blogging Bonnie. :D

FamiGami said...

So many stats! It must take you a lot of time to collect all those numbers!

Rebecca Swenor said...

Great job on your goals and numbers. I do believe you have to love what you do to succeed. This shows in you. Thanks for sharing.

PinkPaisley Creative Design said...

I have never seen the ballet and would love to... I need to add this to my bucket list..

Unknown said...

Dang...that's a lot. Let's see, no...never been to the ballet and the longest it took me to write a post was a week. Had writers block and kept deleting and restarting. I hated it

Unknown said...

It's always great to set goals and try and meet them! All the best at your next milestones!

MaryJane Tauyan said...

i've never seen a real ballet before! I dreamed of being one haha. congrats to all the goals you've made so far! looking forward to more!

Unknown said...

I personally never been to a ballet or a musical =( Which is weird because I love musicals!
I love how you are keeping track of everything like this. It's a great idea to set goals and being able to see if you've reached them or not.

Mama Miller said...

Congrats! You have been busy:)

Andrea Kruse said...

I tend to do my blog work in pieces, so I never really think about how long it takes. I usually try to photograph and then edit photos the same day. Then I start writing and maybe even come back another time or date to edit my writing and work on flow. Unless I have a quick deadline... then it is bash, boom, bang and hit post.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a great month! 1000 is totally doable, you've got this (especially with numbers like that). ;-)

Ann B said...

I went to see The Nutcracker ballet in NYC and loved it. What an incredible experience. I also love musicals and have seen quite a few.

Paulina @ Color Me Brave said...

Congrats on all your growth!

Grace | Life in an Island Paradise said...

Pretty detailed info! I wish I can do that too.. But having less time to write now makes it impossible!

You're pretty active in writing and I am jealous!

Eliz Frank said...

You had a hectic yet productive month. I'm a big photo fan and enjoyed looking through yours. Good job and here's to a superb September!

Juliana said...

I love to make photos too. I never been to ballet or any musical performance before :((

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails