Thursday, July 21, 2011

For Jamie, with love

I toyed with the idea for months.
Then Jamie asked for videos talking about what Jamie Ridler Studios meant to us and things started moving.
I shuffled my feet for a couple of weeks.
Then I did what I had to do and talked to the expert.
I had the video recorded last Monday morning. Things were moving once again.
Then I left it in my daughter´s camera and procastinated some more.
Finally my son got his director hat on and made this for me:

Since meeting Jamie I have been wishcasting and making dream boards under the Full Moon. I also follow her Wishcasting journal for a mixed media exploration. I have noticed that things that came up in my boards and wishes finally found their way into my life. We are just back from a trip I wished for back in February. Now I´m teaching my own kids how to focus on what they want and then dettach themselves from the outcome and how to use the focus as an opportunity detector enhancer.

A lot of my creative life took flight thanks to Jamie, including my Artist´s Way project 2011 and being able to put the word "artist" under my name in Facebook.

I also want to thank Jamie for introducing me to many wonderful artists who I can also call my friends now.

7 comments:

GlorV1 said...

What a great tribute to Jamie and what a wonderful video seeing you speaking and looking happy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Loved it!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

How wonderful! That just made my day, Paula!

I'm celebrating your independence, your creativity, your joy and your spirit! You rock!

And yay to your son too! Please thank him for me :)

misteejay said...

Wow, there you go - I knew you'd get it done...well done.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Toni xx

Anonymous said...

And through Jamie, I met you, and many others, as you began The Artist's Way 2011 project! Isn't the Internet a wonderful way to connect with what you need? :)

Ginny said...

This is wonderful. I know it meant the world to Jamie. She has been a great influence on so many people. It was great to see and hear you!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! This was a GREAT first video, Paula!! Congratulations! I LOVE the way you worked the independence thing in with your creative independence through Jamie Ridler Studios - very creatively done! And, of course, credit where credit is due - kudos to your son for directing and producing this video!

Lisa said...

I am so horrible at keeping up online - but I am so glad I came by and found this, better late than never! It's very cool to see you on video and hear your voice after all this time ... and I love your tribute to Jamie, who rocks just like you do.

You son did a great job too, another creative soul in your lineage :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails