Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tom Peters

In April 2004 Daniel bought a book at the Book Fair: "Re-imagine!" by Tom Peters (the same author as "In search of Excellence" )

It is a very inspiring book for him and a terrifying one for me. He is a doer, I am a planner and this book is all in the lines of:

You´ve got an idea.
Do something about it.
Get an excuse.
Any excuse.
DO SOMETHING!.

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! I hyperventilate.
That been said, I tried to read it from time to time in small bits. And found some interesting concepts.

One is the keep it simple, make it great. I even use it as username for my blog. It talks to me because I am more of a simple lines girl. Then I need to make my simple lines great.














And WOW projects ( I told you I am good at planning)

Projects that matter.

Projects that Make a Difference.

Projects that you can Brag About … forever.

Projects that Take Your Breath Away.
(Appropiate technical measure)

Projects that makes me/you/them Smile.

Projects that Highlight the Value that You Add…
and Why … You are Here on Earth.
(Yes. That BIG)





Why am I talking about Tom today? Because I convinced dh to go to a day conference by him!
He got his book signed and his picture with Tom taken. (Yes, I´ll upload it as soon as I can get my hands on the camera, lol)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails