Thursday, April 23, 2009

Working with scraps


"Killing two birds with a stone". Not a nice thing to do but the saying is appropiate for this layout. Lol.

This page is based on Jean´s class, using her sketch. 
On the other hand I was trying to use it for this week´s UKScrappers challenge. I liked the "Four, it´s a boy" line for a picture of my grandmother with her four sons.
 I was on the verge of another "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are Spanish words so long?" hissy fit when a simple nice title as "Boys" was "Muchachos" so I just decided to let it simmer. This morning I had the answer, the "it´s a boy" typical announcement is really "es un varón" and I had enough letter Thickers (thanks again Marja!) to write that. 
SEI papers, Thickers and Making Memories rub ons. Four blue buttons and the colours meant my team got even better points. ;)

The same sketch for a card.
Once I got working with scraps I kept on going. Remember the page that wasn´t? Well, I did it again but using patterned paper this time. I quite like the way it came out. Now I´m waiting to really "see" it before adding anything.


4 comments:

misteejay said...

Oh you have been a busy bee - lovely work Paula.

Toni :o)

The Dolphin Inn said...

page turned out beautifully Paula and I love what you did wit the scraps on the wavy line piece, happy weekend hon XXX

Genie Sea said...

I love that wavy goodness! The page is lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

This is neat! I wish I had a quilt for my bed based on this pattern. I would have no choice than to be happy every day once I looked at it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails