Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Advent 2010, Day 8: What do you wish to transform?

Wishcasting Wednesday. Jamie asked today: What do you wish to transform? (By clicking on the question, you´ll be able to see what other wishers have to say)

I wish to transform my entry hall into Christmas Central. :D

December 8th is Virgin´s Mary´s Day and it is traditionally the day when the family trees go up in Argentina.
At home it is a full family thing. Starting by the Christmas Carol cd that I bought in Holland in 1993. It is played through all the decorations time. :) The first ornament to go on the tree is our doves heart. It was the first ornament we bought in Past Times (a store in the UK) for our first Christmas. The last is the Nativity scene. On top of the tree our beloved Gloriana.
My girl, Tatiana. My boy Matias provided a very special moment for me when he asked "Do you remember the STORY behind this Santa?" My eyes welled up. Our family stories are finding they way to stay alive. *heart*
My hubbie, Daniel.Me. :) ~wave~
Even Frida was around. She is very well behaved and idn´t try to eat any ornament this year. ;)

December View for today:


Reverb 10 for today:

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)
I´m the Soul Hugger of the Universe. *giggle* Yups, that could be my new siggy line.
I´m the one who jumps for Joy when you are happy and will hold your hand if you are sad.
I´m the one you can count on and knows what you need, sometimes even before you do.

PS: from Jamie´s post in Facebook: OSHO Zen Card of the Day: This moment carries a gift for hard work well done. Your base is solid now. Success & good fortune are yours.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

what a wonderful, wonderful post! that's a beautiful family portrait in front of your tree. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.

Kim Switzer said...

Paula, I love this! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful family moments--you really gave me a smile this afternoon.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

tammy vitale said...

We collect ornaments. One a year for each in the family since 1985. So putting up our tree is a trip down memory lane. Our special ornaments are ones we made with cookie dough recipe in 1984. They are beginning to fall apart. We keep gluing them back together. All of the ornaments are dated. We have one from 1956 which we inherited (found in the basement of our first house). It has the name "walter" on it. We don't know Walter but we love his ornament. And I have ornaments from my own family. That also date back to the 50s. It's it fun?! xo

The Dolphin Inn said...

Awww precious family memories Paula, and the tree looks beautiful, I officially dub you Soul Hugger, love that title - fits you perfectly, (((((big soul hugs from me to you ))))))))) xxx

Genie Sea said...

As you wish for yourself, Paula, so do I wish for you! :)

It looks like you already made your wish beautifully come true! :)

I love how each of your ornaments and traditions has a story! :)

Has anyone told you that you look like a teenager?? hehe :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails