Sunday, September 11, 2011

My own Chapter 5 check in

Just for fun. Lucy loved this and so did I:
7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG
7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD
BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY
W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N
P30PL3 C4N R34D 7H15.

Got you smiling? Cool. :)
Now on to Chapter 5 check in.

1) Morning pages: 14 out of 14. Gold star for Pauli. Most of them were really morning pages.
Do I get a Scooby snack if I keep this up? :D
2) Artist date: none. Mind you, time flies and another week went by.
3) The tasks:
3.1) A very different experience from the one in 2007. This time around I wrote the comp

laints but I also somehow took responsability for some of them or admitted that "Dios aprieta pero no ahorca" (God tightens but He doesn´t choke).
3.2) A collection of dreams: I´ve been doing this for years for the Full Moon Board each month guided by Jamie Ridler. You can have a look at all my Boards from the past two years here.
One of the chapter´s exercises was to write 19 wishes. I wrote 28. :D
3.3) Have I incorporated any of my "lives" to my current life? Yes. I wanted to write magazine articles. Let´s say this blog is a kind of magazine. My own. ;) For the second part of The Artist´s Way project I will be posting interviews. I have already sent four and I´m waiting for the answers (all four artists agreed to them, yay!).

3.4) If I were 20 again. I´d do some things differently. I´d be wilder instead of the boring life I had. And yes, that is me at 20. Aggggg, my hair! I loved the all pink attire then.
3.5) If I were 65 ... don´t know.
3.6) How I´m mean to myself: putting my material wishes at the end of the list. Talking myself out of buying things for me most of the time.
3.7) Take the first 18 of my wishes list and you will have the 18 things I don´t have but wish I had. :) Those include some spring looking boots, shawls and a tiny bright light blue purse that I think I´ll get for Mother´s Day next month. Fashionable tshirts in a size I can wear would be nice too.
3.8) My friend Toni is not on Facebook. That way she has enough time to make her awesome cards.
I wonder what I could do if I were less on line.
3.9) I wouldn´t say I´m totally blocked. Just that I don´t produce as much as I´d like to. And that is not totally correct either, more food for thought.
3.10) Who can I truly blame for not working but Me?

5 comments:

misteejay said...

Hi Paula - the brain is very clever. It always amazes me that it only takes a few seconds for it to realise what is going on and works it out.

If I were to do Facebook or any of the other popular sites I don't think I'd ever get away from the PC - I spend way too much time on here anyway LOL

Have a great week my friend.

Toni xx

Anonymous said...

It was amazing to do my reading deprivation by giving up Internet for a week during chapter 4. Very liberating. Give it a try! I found I didn't miss anything terribly exciting, and it was easy to catch up on what I had missed, that was of value. The rest, I just skimmed and dumped.

Good for you for hanging in there and staying with the program.

The interviews are a great idea, and I love that you had Jamie Ridler address us!

Priti Lisa said...

I know exactly what you mean Paula...sometimes I feel I am wasting my life away...
♥♥♥

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Sure.... scooby snacks are great, aren't they? Looks like you had a lot of fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Loved that cryptic message! It's really amazing how our brains work. I find this sort of thing fascinating!

WEll, you get not only a Scooby snack, but a big fat gold star, AND a smiley face for doing all your morning pages this Chapter! I didn't do an Artist's date this week. Time really does get away from one and before you know it, end of week.

I'm inspired by all your dreamboards! Loved browsing them all. Also love the pic of you at 20! You look so sassy and cute! Love that pink outfit!

I've definitely been considering trying a modified version of that deprivation exercise from last week. Only for one week. We shall see.

Can't wait to see/hear your upcoming Artist's interviews! Fab idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails