Monday, September 26, 2011

My own Chapter 6 check in

1) Morning pages. I´m almost annoyed at my pages because they are showing me no steady progress, just a bunch of whines and quite a fair amount of anger. *sigh*

2) I´m sure I did something that made me think that was my date but I can´t remember what it was! It didn´t cause much of an impression, did it?

3) Tasks.
3.1) The little stones. I have small stones all over our home. This is the table in our dining room which is not really used for its purpose so I took it over for my art stuff. :D The owls are coming back into my life. I bought those two during our holidays in Córdoba this winter. The pink stone is from the Cerro Uritorco and the pine cone from the Reydon hotel.
Entrance hall. Pebbles from the same holiday. The mica one is from the top of the highest hill. Just for fun. The greenish rock is from Las Leñas. It "talked" to me, it fits perfectly in my palm, it even has a shaped side to be held.
My room. Three pebbles from Trevelin. The red one chosen by Tati, the green one by me and the grey one by Mati as he wouldn´t want to feel left out at the gathering of special touch stones.
3.2) I´d rather leave my flowers in the plant instead of pressing them. Spring chrysanthemums.
3.3) Decluttering the wardrobe. I have the "one in, one out" rule. I´ve already talked to you about it. When a clothing items enters the loop one article of the same item needs to go out.

3.4) I cook four meals a day. That is a lot of creating then. :D

3.5) Sending postcards. Not yet but I will. Idea flash: send me a message on my Facebook page and I´ll send YOU a postcard. :D

3.6) Maaaaaaaaaan! Do I really have to read the basic principles EVERY day? *pout*

3.7) Changes at home: since I joined a painting class back in March I´ve been recycling all the boxes and other wooden pieces around the house. Here is our candy box, midway from a brown box with painted flowers to an orangey/yellow/red box with decoupaged flowers. They are the same flowers as the picture frame I made back in March. Visit me next Friday to see the complete project plus the complete transformation of my brushes holder. It´s quite a sunny piece (with owls ;) )
3.8) Acceptance and prosperity. Sometimes it seems to work out, sometimes it doesn´t. It flows, flows, flows and then ... BAM, back to sqaure one.

On to chapter 7. :)

9 comments:

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Neat idea about post cards... Love it.

Anonymous said...

Something to try with the Basic Principles - I reworded them to suit my beliefs, and wrote one each on an index card. I did the same with some Affirmations. Each morning after writing Morning Pages, I randomly choose one Basic Principle card, and one Affirmations card. I read those, and display them for the day in my bedroom in a photo holder. Maybe that would work for you, instead of trying to read them all every day?

Hang it there. I started Chapter 7 today. Man, oh man, does it have me thinking :)

Shionge said...

Hmmm...about decluttering the wardrobe...I need some help urgently. I realised I buy on impulse and not wearing it at all Grrrrrrr... :)

" M " said...

Wow!I so have to declutter some more. I've been decluttering for a long time now , feels like it never ends.

Anonymous said...

Paula, at least you are getting the whines and anger OUT onto those pages instead of letting them continue to roll around inside you where they can block you.

misteejay said...

Love your brush holder Paula.

Toni xx

Anne Butera said...

Sounds like you're doing great even if you are a bit frustrated. I've just sort of set The Artist's Way aside for the time being. Maybe I'll get back to it this week.

Thanks so much for all your kindness and encouragement. It really means a lot to me!

Beverley Baird said...

Morning papers are going for you than me! lol
Sometimes we just need to get rid of that extra baggage! I have to get back to it!
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Your Morning Pages are serving you pretty well as a place to dump all that junk so you don't have to carry it around. Give 'em some love!. I enjoyed this show and tell of your rock collection, and seeing all these other wonderful little items you've got! I really love that you know where each and every stone came from. Ha, I have a total blockage to those rereading things exercises, too. I just don't do them. I am just LOVING your painted boxes! I'm heading over to Facebook now to leave you a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails