Saturday, November 05, 2011

AEDM 2011: Day 5 Watercolour pencils

My working table (this time the kitchen table) on the morning of November 4th (I´m posting each day what I created the day before).What´s all that cut cardboard? Pieces of cake mix, jelly powder and dessert boxes. Like this one:
Once cut they are the perfect size for my "Facing my fears" series. This is the first fear I put a face to: the fear of not being liked, which is eating me at the moment hence the teeth. A ghostly clown. That adds another layer that I haven´t been able to really work out.
He is not as friendly as he looked from afar.
This was my first real experience with watercolour pencils. They are actually my daughter´s pencils, so my public thanks to her. :) You can see them in the background.


6 comments:

misteejay said...

The way you have coloured this has created an amazing effect - how clever.

Look forward to seeing what others you come up with.

Toni xx

Serena Lewis said...

I agree with Toni...your colouring technique was very effective with this piece. Great job!

Geckostone said...

Oh yes, the fear of not being liked, I know that one well ! But you are very liked right now my friend, you won my give away on Mary's Graces!Please email me on my blog profile or through my Etsy store with your shipping address so I can send you "Mary of the Earth"! I'm glad she is going to a good home, you left the sweetest comments! Deb

Maggie said...

I love my watercolor pencils! I can take them anywhere and I have such fun with the different ways to use them! :)

Wonderful post!

Kathleen Conard said...

What a GREAT idea - you did a wonderful job with this!

Lynn Stevens said...

Awe Paula I can't imagine anyone Not liking you, so you have nothing to fear! great job on your coloring!
Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck hun!
hugs Lynn

P.s. I LIKE you alot!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails