Monday, August 06, 2012

Life snippets

 Every Monday in July we worked organizing small objects that we use on a daily basis: penspapersjewelry and  make up.
In August we´ll organize our multimedia files, starting by the photographs.


If you only have digi pics, then take this week to:
* put the pictures in the right direction
* delete blurry pics or some of the multiples you took "just in case"
* add appropiate names and general dates to files
* BACK UP!!! Trust me, I´ve been there. Now I don´t delete the pictures from the camera until I have them downloaded AND onto Cds. I also have an external drive as full laptop back up.


If you also have printed pictures take this week to organize and date your albums, beginning by gathering all the pics from around the house. :)

This is what 350 freshly printed pictures look like. I always wait for the 2x1 offers to catch up on my printing. ;)
 Now the organizing part. You need to decide which is the most comfortable way for you to find your pictures again. By event? By person? By theme?
In my case I have several albums:
*family first by family groups and inside those chronologically.
*home by room
*themes (e.g: Disney trip, weddings, etc)
Here you can see the groupings. I added little sticky notes with the dates by comparing the pics to my digital files.

If you like taking pictures of your life, you can participate in {Sunday snippets}: it is a collection of photos from your week. I really like it because this way I can also add the pics that didn´t make "picture of the day" but are still significant to document our family life.  Stop by {tinniegirl}'s blog for more or to play along! I´ll be playing too. :) The tagline is: "No need for words.  Let the pictures tell your story." 

I´m reading more and more Organizational blogs and choosing my favourites to follow on Facebook too, like A Bowl Full of Lemons  and I am an Organizing Junkie. Their style is clear and streamlined, just the way I like it. :D

2 comments:

misteejay said...

I have most of my pics stored on memory cards/sticks as backup - yep I've been there too.

You are so organised. I still have a lot of photos from 'pre-digi' days but now I tend to only print as & when I need.

Toni xx

Anne Butera said...

Ugh, this one is a project that I keep putting off!! I need to sort my photos and really, they need to be tagged/labeled. I have over 32,000 photos on my computer and am dreading the task! Really, I need to get into the habit of labeling them when I import them to my computer and making sure I delete the bad ones right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails