Friday, September 21, 2012

Writing Letters

Happy Bloggaversary to me! My blog Happysnappy is 7 years old today. :)

For Paint Party Friday I will show you my work so far for Ayala Art´s  29 faces in September. You can find what I did for May´s edition here.
Still working the grey scales.
Have you gathered all your cardboard boxes this week?
I´m absolutely honoured to have freelance designer, craft tutor and artist Tracey Grundy from Paper Craft Junkies as a guest. She will show us how to make this delightful "Letters to Santa" letter box out of an empty cereal box!


Here are the steps for the

:
  1. Take an empty cereal box and open it out so that it is flat and ready to be decorated. Depending on the size of the cereal box measure and cut an angled opening at the top of the box
  2. Adhere patterned paper to the outside of the box. Do the same with the inside of the box with a contrasting paper.
  3. Re-assemble the box using a PVA adhesive to ensure it will 'stay stuck'.
  4. Wrap washi tape around the corners and edges of the box to hide any gaps you may have possibly showing the cereal box underneath.
  5. Stick the alpha’s to spell out the words for your 'Letter Box' onto card ribbon with foam pads then adhere to the front of the box.
  6. Embellish the rest of the box as you desire.
To get to know Tracey better I asked her to tell us something about herself:

My name is Tracey Grundy and I live in the UK with my gorgeous family - my husband of 18 years, my 13 year old daughter, our cat and dog. I have been 'arty & crafty' as far back as I can remember, but got into paper crafting about 10 or more years ago. When I was at school I did an advanced qualification in Art but didn't take it any further. Unfortunately about 4 years ago I had to give up work due to ill health and got back into drawing. I had that many sketches and drawings of made up characters that I decided to see if anyone else would like them as digi images. Having recently put them on my blog shop, I am slowly but surely adding to the list of images. I am now building up a Design Team to start our fortnightly challenges from 1st October 2012 also.
I obviously love card making but especially like the technicality of making moving, swinging or sliding cards and boxes etc.
I am also a freelance designer for Cardmaking & Papercrtaft and Quick Cards Made Easy magazines.
My blog is: http://www.papercraftjunkies.com


Thank you Tracey for this lovely project!

Each Monday I bring you a task to organize your spaces and each Friday something practical for storage or crafty for recycling. Come back next Monday for more! :)

12 comments:

Sian said...

It's a beautiful project.

Happy blogaversary Paula! Here's to many more years

carol l mckenna said...

Well done sketches of faces ~ not easy to do ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Netty said...

Smashing sketches and love your friends altered cereal box, magic. Happy PPF, Annette x

Marji said...

Your sketches are great. Drawing 29 faces through the month is such a wonderful challenge. Good for you for taking it on. Lovely project with the box. Happy PPF

Mary C. Nasser said...

Happy Blogoversary!
Wow! 7 years! That is impressive!!!

♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

GlorV1 said...

Oh that's great Paula, what a treat. Love that project. Great sketches too. Happy Blogoversary to you. Happy PPF!

misteejay said...

Happy Blogaversary...may you have many more.

Your sketches are really great - well done you.

What a lovely project. Something that even the kids could have a go at in the run up to Christmas.

Have a lovely weekend.
Toni xx

Tracey FK said...

great project... and I love seeing how your faces are improving with every one you draw!!!!

Anne Manda said...

Good going on "29 faces" pretty faces! Lovely project! HPPF!

Abela said...

The sketches of the girls are great, sure the end will be good. Saludos

denthe said...

SEVEN years! Wow! Seven years ago I didn't even know what a blog was ;-) Congrats! Your faces are wonderful!

Giggles said...

Happy 7th year anniversary!! Mine will be in March. What a feat sticking around that long!! Good job!!

Love your faces they are spot on those photos!! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing the cereal box I hope others share the different colors and styles!!

Hugs Giggles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails