Thursday, October 25, 2012

Considering my options

Sounds serious, right? Actually it´s joyous as I´m getting ready for Art Every Day Month hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas. It´s the 10th anniversary of the project and it will be my 7th as I started with it in November 2006.
Along the years I have scrapbooked, cross stitched, made cards and some other crafty pieces. I will be posting a summary on Day 1. And pictures of my art corner as well!

Today I got some materials out:
Option A) an art journal made out of watercolour paper pages with decorated cardboard covers. The idea: backgrounds painted with acrylic paints plus faces, quotes or both.
Option B) pretty notebook of light weight paper. The idea: collages made with magazine images/words.
Option C) Finish my Wishcasting Book by Jamie Ridler. The idea: write my wishes with illustrations.
Option D) Scrapbook.

Do you plan your art? By time? By theme? By material? Do you get the concept first or do you know you want to use something in particular?

3 comments:

Dominique said...

Hi Paula. I do plan my art. Is my first aproach to art journal and I'd like a new year's resolution notebook to use stamping, painting and some of my new photos.

Regards!

Gigly

Sian said...

Most of my planning goes on in my head just before I fall asleep. Then when I wake up I get a surprise becasue I remember an idea or two!

misteejay said...

I often fall in love with a product and then try to come up with a way of using it.

Toni xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails