Donna is a life coach, writer, teacher and is currently immersed in a hundred ideas for products to help people fall head over heels in love with their lives! Donna works with women who have lost their mojo to help them rediscover their zest for life and bring the big dreams hiding in their heart out to play!
1) When did you start dreaming about having your own creative space? Did you have one as a child?
I did have a creative space as a child – although I didn’t really think of it that way until I answered this question. I had a shed that was converted into a ‘playroom’ for me. I wasn’t hugely ‘artsy’ though – the space was filled with records, posters and books so I could enjoy other people’s creations! For years, I thought I wasn’t creative, and my creative space was my office, without me realising that it was a creative space! I thought of it more as a working space until I realised I AM creative and now I’m constantly fine-tuning the space to make it more and more conducive to creativity.
|Believe it or not, this is quite tidy for me|
I knew I wanted a light space, a colourful space, a space with ‘space’ – storage, room to move about, and it’s still evolving to make this space the most creative-encouraging as it can be.
|Arty stuff box|
I want to clear up after each project…but more often clear up daily…and sometimes when I can’t find the table! I know I work better in a clearer space, but as I look around me now I can see chaos…I may have to stop and do a 10 minute tidy after this!
4) Do you have a system to keep all your materials or do you have your most favourites always at hand?
Most of my creative work is writing so I always have pen and paper to hand. And I’ve got a big clip to keep all the odd scraps of paper with ideas together so I can do something with them. I am also playing with jewellery creation and drawing/painting though so I have a system for those materials, so I can just pull out the bead box or the sketch pads/paints/colouring pencils.
Thank you Donna for sharing your creative space stories!
You can find out more about Donna on:
* "Donna at the beach", the blog at http://www.donnaonthebeach.com
* "Donna on the beach" Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/donnaonthebeach
* "Donna on the beach" Twitter @donnaonthebeach
* Or on google plus https://plus.google.com/b/112465465817827476389/112465465817827476389/posts