Sunday, July 07, 2013

Keep it simple. make it work #5.2 China but not the far away kind

For the past five months I´ve been running a decluttering and organizing series. You can read the whole lot of posts here! My aim is to find time and space for my creativity within my daily life. So I have to make time and space. ;) Share the path with me!

Let´s talk about dinnerware today. Do you have different sets for different occasions?


* The "good" set. Used for the most extraordinary events and sleeping on the shelves for ages and ages. Go for it! Have a family dinner with your best china. Enjoy!

Have you inherited a good set? Do you cherish it or has it become a burden?
* The "daily" set. Ordinary doesn´t mean boring! Choose colourful sets and extend the possibilities by combining them with different tablecloths and place mats




* The party set. Lots of bowls and trays. Mine are made of melamine. Very durable and easy to clean.




The garden/outside/picnic set. Cheap colourful, plastic set. Some bowls, some plates and you are ready!

Where do you store your plates? The kitchen or the dining room?

The project´s summary:
9 months to streamline your home spaces and systems
3 months for the practical spaces: kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room
3 months for the shared areas: entry hall, dining room, living room,
3 months for the personal spaces: bedrooms, office, hobbies room
1 big task each week illustrated with my own pictures and daily {gentle} reminders, tips and cheering at my Facebook page. Like my Facebook page Paula - Buenos Aires to be able to follow the tips every day and record your progress with a friendly crew!

1 comment:

misteejay said...

I have to admit that I do have a bone china tea-set that is too precious to use. It was one of my parent's wedding presents that Mum gave to me because she didn't have room for it when they moved to the bungalow.

I love melamine for parties and outdoor gatherings - pretty and no worries about breaking.

Toni xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails