Monday, September 16, 2013

Week #37 2013 Illustrated by Quinn McDonald

Let me start by saying I LOVE Quinn McDonald, a trainer, author and business/creativity coach. A kindred spirit I found in cyberspace. I love her art but I love her as a whole person even more. She´s funny, deep and witty. Her posts are a constant pull to both go think and go do, plus she has created a community of fellow artists and thinkers that gather to chat and exchange ideas at the end of each provocative article at her blog Quinn Creative.

Quinn illustrates my summary for week #37 and next Friday she will answer some questions about her creative space for my "Keep it simple, make it work" series. 


While you wait till Friday to see more of her work and read about her studio, you can read some of her cool blog posts like:
* Quinn's blog on what to write on the first page of your journal: http://wp.me/p2H1i-1Py
* Quinn's blog on fixing a journal page that you messed up: http://wp.me/p2H1i-2J0

Messing up is a constant in a creative person´s life and if your Inner Critic is getting the upper hand you will be better off reading Quinn´s next book The Inner Hero Art Journal: Mixed Media Messages to Your Inner Critic 

Monday, September 9th (246/252): this year I´m making some time to read books. This one has an interesting concept but the text itself is a bit dry. 
Tuesday, September 10th (247/253): someone is getting ready for ten days away from home.
Wednesday, September 11th (248/254): Mati and his closest friends. They are going on the traditional "end of school" trip to Bariloche. A week of skiing and night life. Oh, to be young! :D
Thursday, September 12th (249/255): "D (her son) is away and I can´t make the laptop to print! M (her daughter ) needs this for tomorrow!" D is away with Mati in Bariloche and his mom V phoned for help. No worries, dear. Fifteen pages about the Toconoro aborigins ready.
Friday, September 13th (250/256): Tati´s desktop which used to be Mati´s and even mine before that, died a Windows XP death of technical difficulties. She is now the happy owner of a Samsung laptop thanks to Fravega´s 24 installments plan. :D
Saturday, September 14th (251/257): rainy days are hobby days.
Sunday, September 15th (252/258):
This one comes later as it is still in the camera!

All these pics were taken as for Creative Every Day challenge 2013 by Leah Piken Kolidas, I´m taking at least a picture a day for the whole year. I´ve checked 252 out of the possible 258pictures for 2013 so far. Click on the pictures to see them bigger!


Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

misteejay said...

Those aqua colours at the start of the post look fabulous.

Grrr to PCs that decide to give up the ghost - hope Tati has fun with her new gadget.

Toni xx

Unknown said...

Looks like you've been very busy! Love the artwork! :)

Julie - Raise Your Food said...

Love that artwork. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Joy said...

Great pictures. I too love the aqua colours.

A "keep it simple" series sounds just what I need! I am very bad at over-complicating things.

Joy

Ginny said...

This looks like another great at your house. A week skiing and partying sounds perfect especially
at Mati's age.

Thank you again for letting people know about our workshop. I really appreciated it.

Beverley Baird said...

You've had a busy week. That abstract is gorgeous! Will be interesting to hear more about Quinn.

Jan Kearney said...

I love the blue abstract image at the top of this post. Great photo's too - looks like a busy week!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Thanks for the visit ladies! :D That week was busy in a fun way indeed.

Toni, Tati hasn´t stopped using it at any spare minute!

My pleasure Ginny. :)

More about Quinn tomorrow Bev. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, you've taken 200+ pictures for the year and I've done like less than 50 videos!

Hey... this sounds like a personal challenge. LOL

Great pics, Paula!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails