|Debutantes at the Debutante Ball in Tully, 1936|
Turning 15 for latin girls is a BIG event that deserves a BIG party. Imagine a wedding without a groom. Yes, that BIG.
The "quinceañera" party is the equivalent to the debutante balls, when the young girls were presented to society to find a husband of suitable social standing.
In recent years girls here started to opt for a journey, mostly abroad and mainly to Disneyland, bringing a whole new market for travel agencies.
My girl is 15 tomorrow! You can wish Tatiana Happy Birthday in the comments. :)She chose traveling instead of the party and her chosen destination is Japan as she is very much into oriental culture, specially all the manga, animé and cosplay arts. As the proper mother hen that I am I think that at barely 15 she is too young for such a trip alone so she is going a little bit later.
In the meanwhile I´m planning a small gathering Asian style and that is where Pinterest comes handy to keep my ideas organized.
1) First create an account. You can find mine at: http://www.pinterest.com/PaulaKumert/
2) Click your name at the top for the menu
3) The first block on the left says Create board. Click on that.
|Yes, I like animé too and have Miku as my Chrome theme|
Tip: if you are planning a surprise party keep your board secret! If the board is secret only you and the people you choose to share it with can see it.
And off you go to search the web for ideas. When you first start in Pinterest is the best time to plan your boards.
Examples for a party:
* Food and beverages (yes, you can separate those if you have too many to handle)
* Party decorations (you big into themed parties? then: table settings, home decor, door wreaths, etc)
* Party favours
* Dresses and hair dos (it´s a GIRL´s party! ;) )
If you change your mind at a later date you can edit the boards and move the pins around. I´ll show you how to edit boards and pins next Wednesday!
See you then and don´t forget to say Happy birthday to my girl!!! ;)