Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Emilce has a soul of yarn

EmilceMy name is Emilce, I´m 37 years old and for the past 5 years I´ve worked on my own start up.
I´m a restless girl, happy, daring, hardworking and dreamer by nature.
In knitting I found a lifestyle, a way to see the world.  I enjoy when I see a finished piece: a toy, a decoration piece or a card. I enjoy seeing what that object generates in whoever receives it: a gesture of joy,  surprise, love. I celebrate life!

1)The day you stepped into your current creative space for the first time, did you already know how you wanted your studio to look like or did the design evolve from the actual space?
My Home – Workshop has morphed according to my activities. I´ve got a storage room where I´ve got materials and tools: sewing machine, fabric, all types of needles, dyes and tools, pearls, charms, wools, ribbons and all types of buttons.  My main working space is the kitchen but if it is sunny I knit in the garden.
Mermaid
2) After the work is done, do you clean up after each piece, after each day or whenever you can´t find the table anymore?
As I like to work in places that I share with my family I am as tidy as posible but there is always a stray wool or something around the kitchen. The pin cushion has its place on the dresser right by a pot where I store all my crochet hooks.
It is difficult to keep the order if I have to work in a series because of a big consignement. What I do in that case is to store things in plastic boxes until I need them.Knitted picture
3) Which is your best time of the day to create? Do you have music on or do you prefer to work in silence?
I start working at 9am, with my mate and music. At 6 pm I gather my materials and tolos. I also like working late at night because I don´t get so many distractionsYarn jewelry
4) Which is your next project?
I want to embroider again. When I was little my paternal grandmother taught me how to and nowadays  want to sit with the embroidery hoop, the needles and colour threads to draw with textures.
I believe you can activate your creativity and produce small pieces of art from a bit of fabric, a bit of thread and the will to make something.Green center piece5) Where can we find you on line?
A knitted toys page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MissPandora.Emilce
And a general “made of yarn” page:

For Art Every Day Month I (Paula) am making a scrapbook layout. This is the one I made on DAy 03
Day 03 of #aedm2014

10 thoughts on “Emilce has a soul of yarn


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails