Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ma.Lala creates personalized gifts for your home



Ma.LalaMa.Lala´s enterprise was founded in the year 2013 under the name  “La Chilinga Objetos“, with the dream of giving each home its identity. Her designs are absolutely original and her range of personalized gifts can bring joy and delight to any home.

Her mission is to guarantee a product that is accesible, cute, pretty and very much used. Her most cherished values are respect and responsability and they apply that to her production from the design to the making until the product gets to the shop and to the clients hands.

This is the way she works at La Chilinga Objetos:

1)The day you stepped into your current creative space for the first time, did you already know how you wanted your studio to look like or did the design evolve from the actual space?

I wasn´t looking for the actual studio space, it just happened that way. I wanted to invest my knowledge and time into something that made me feel alive. I moved to an apartment where I had enough space to work. As I am a professional clothes designer I had bought all the necessary machinery and equipment to do my trade but it wasn´t cost effective to do everything on my own and I changed paths. In 2013 I had a lightbulb m,oment and though “What about personalized gifts ?” That is when my idea took flight and the dream beacame a reality.
basket of cute fabric animals

2) After the work is done, do you clean up after each piece, after each day or whenever you can´t find the table anymore?

I´m quite eager on an orderly space. There are days when the production is at full steam and you can´t enter the room but I always tidy up at the end of the day. I´m using the 5 S system methodology that I learnt at a University field trip to a big zipper factory here in Buenos Aires. (YKK).
Love letters

3) Which is your best time of the day to create? Do you have music on or do you prefer to work in silence?


My best working time is when my mind is at peace. That is usually in the evenings. I still have the habit from my Uni days when I had to stay up at night to be able to deliver all the required work. I like working in silence. Sometimes I listen to music and a lot of times I talk to myself. Listening to myself is the way I learn from my own mistakes.
fabric cactus

4)Which is your next project?

I have thousands of projects in my mind but I´d rather not say anything about them! I´m quite supersticious and I don´t want to jinx them. Right now I want to keep working on my brand and bring that into people´s homes. I don´t follow the mainstram currents and that is what differenciates me from other designers out there.
personalized gifts cushions
 5) Where can we find you on line?
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Lachilingaobjetos

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails