Monday, December 17, 2007

Wearing red

The Padders are wearing something red today to honour a departed friend.

Please light a candle for Jan, who has gone Home.

Borrowed from Heather (cutnpaste)

THE SHIP OF LIFE
by John T. Baker

Along the shore I spy a ship
As she sets out to sea;
She spreads her sails and sniffs the breeze
And slips away from me.

I watch her fading image shrink,
As she moves on and on,
Until at last she’s but a speck,
Then someone says, “She’s gone.”

Gone where? Gone only from our sight
And from our farewell cries;
That ship will somewhere reappear
To other eager eyes.

Beyond the dim horizon’s rim
Resound the welcome drums,
And while we’re crying, “There she goes!”
They’re shouting, “Here she comes!”

We’re built to cruise for but a while
Upon this trackless sea
Until one day we sail away
Into infinity.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Hi Paula....I came here looking for my favorite Christmas photo...with you and the family in your short sleeves with the sun shining. I sure hope life is treating you well. Your new blog topper photo is fantastic. Sure hope you have a very merry Christmas. -Missy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails