Let´s go back, let´s say ... 25 years. A quarter of a century ago I was sweet 16, body of a woman, mind of a child, immerse in my sci fi books, best grades in the whole school, with a new boyfriend just because he was the only boy to ask me out. What did I want then?
The traditional plan for a girl:
* a degree (I am a professional librarian, what fun it was to study! The hours went without noticing, different from the first carrear I had chosen Mechanical Engineering <--- the good point about this one was meeting my hubby *grin*)
* a husband (I have the most caring, handsome, smart husband I could wish for)
* a flat / appartment ( I have the three level house I fell in love with with a small garden, all rooms are well lived and have signs of our presence here)
* a child (I have two awesome kids, a boy and a girl - how´s that for traditional family of four. We even have a dog, which I´d never ever thought about)
* visit Europe (we lived in Europe for a couple of years and travelled as much as we could)
And then I wanted to be a succesful writer.
Did you notice I didn´t mention friends? I had one, maybe two more that I kept in touch with for a while. I was not popular, totally low profile, teetotaler, classical clothes, head in books, boring for teens standards. At 18 I was called "sosa", that means without flavour. It tinted my vision of myself further.
Now I have a ton of friends, both local and on line.
My life is beyond my wildest dreams as a teenager.
The plan for the next 25 years.
* See my kids grow up and be there for them.
* Support my hubby in having his own business.
* Participate in my community (that is mainly school stuff nowadays)
* Conect with more interesting people on the net, getting my name "out there"
* Be chosen for a scrapbooking DT
* Get to travel again.
* Be able to buy art from friends