Wednesday, November 03, 2010

AEDM 2010: Day 3 What do you wish to enjoy?

"It is easier for many of us to focus on our defeats than our victories. We seldom celebrate the many milestones that we could. Focused on product, we ignore the process of our art."

November is all about process for Art Every Day Month.
And I´m also getting finished product. ;)
As I told you yesterday, here are the scraps from the previous page.

Now that Matu is 14, finding "appropiate" embellies for his pages takes longer. I opened every box I own to find tags and brads that went with the colour scheme and weren´t "flowery".
Today is Wishcasting Wednesday and Jamie is asking us "What do you wish to enjoy?" (To read other wishers answers please click on the wish link).

My wish for today is related to this post: I wish to enjoy the process.
I wish to actually enjoy the opening of boxes and selection of colours instead of keeping an eye on the clock. I wish to enjoy the flow of work instead of hurrying it so I can have a better light for the photography. I wish to celebrate our milestones instead of counting finished pages.

Today I will visit Sabine. When she asked me to join her and Miriam for a chat while they craft (they make the most gorgeous fabric jewellery) I had a flicker of doubt. Would I be able to make my own piece if I spend a few hours with them? Most probably not, but they are worth it. :) If I´m going to let my friendship wither just to have finished product, something is off.

Now go, phone a friend and enjoy the process. :)


16 comments:

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. Time....

WrightStuff said...

Yes, we must enjoy our creativity and never ever think it a chore! Great wish.

Unknown said...

Lovely scrapbook page. I also love the quote from Julia Cameron. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!

ELLIE said...

I truly love your scrap booking page - I digitally scrapbook - but it is true - that finding embellishments for young boys/men are few and far between....I love your pages--Thanks for stopping by my page - I so appreciate the visit!!! AEDM

Dionne the Tea Priestess said...

As you wish for yourself so I wish for you as well!

keishua said...

Creativity is such a beautiful thing to savor. As you wish, so I wish for you.

tammy vitale said...

Smart woman - the journey is in the process not the end result. And there is no end result until the very end.

Kim Switzer said...

Indeed, enjoy the journey! :)

As Paula wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

Such lovely work!

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

Pamela Sweet said...

I can relate to your wanting to enjoy the process instead of feeling the need to hurry up and get to the end result then on to the next...

As you wish for yourself, so do I lovingly and with intention wish for you also.

May you find peace and beautiful discoveries in the process.

Leah said...

great page! and i love that cameron quote.

Beverley Baird said...

As Paula wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Well, here we are for Wishcasting Wednesday (as well as for AEDM!) I love how the two combine and connect!

I am enjoying the process, too - changes my focus, even with my very busy creative life.

As Paula wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

My Weds Wishcast!

Anonymous said...

The process is where all the jewels are. As you wish for yourself, so I wholeheartedly wish for you also.

~Rae~

Karen D said...

As Paula wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.. may you always enjoy the process.. love that quote by Cameron, so true

Unknown said...

I see that you are a true artist. Living in Argentina must be easy for you to find inspiration for your creations because it is such a beautiful country, that you see wonders everywhere. I remember when I travelled there, I was looking for an apartment for rent in buenos aires and I couldn´t make up my mind because every neighbourhood I saw looked gorgeouss to my eyes!
Tracy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails