Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chapter 6: Half way there

First check in for Chapter 6.

How are your morning pages going? Are some themes showing up again and again? Are things getting clearer?

Gone anywhere cool lately? Thanks to all those showing us a glimpse of their place in the world. We are taking tours around the globe every week! :D

Have you had a chance to have a look at the tasks? We are doing something different today. I have interviewed a few wonderfully creative women from around the world and they are playing along with us, answering some of the tasks themselves.

I´m so very happy to have my very dear friend, the multitalented Wonder Woman Debbie here with us today. She is a scrapbooker, cardmaker photographer, foodie, domestic goddess, all things shabby chic lover and all round artist. She is also a wife and a mom to five very happy, gorgeous, active kids.

From tasks 1 & 2. Do you search nature for inspiration? Do you notice
a difference in your craft according to the seasons?

Nature plays a big part for me, if the day is sunny and we go for a walk
you can guarantee when i get home i want to use the colours we have seen
while we have been out. The beach plays a big part in whatever i make
as i adore spending time there and even just looking out over the ocean
gives me a huge surge of creativeness (and usually a bout of tears too
at how vast the world is!!)

As for seasons playing a part - i guess i do switch from craft to craft
depending on how cold it is outside. During the summer i love to sit
and watch the kids play whilst crocheting or stamping etc but come
winter i love nothing more than curling up with a journalling book and a
jigsaw.

From task 4. Do you work by themes? Does one type of craft influence
the others? As in cooking and then decorating in the same colours type
of thing

Yes completely!! I am obsessed with birds, swirls, owls and cutesy
things. You can bet if i come across a scrapbook paper that has a
certain swirl or colour combination that i will want to create cookies
or cupcakes with the same kind of design. Likewise if i create a new
cake i will follow that through to a colour palette for a project etc -
it all blends into one which is when i think you have a good balance :)

From task 7. Do you make changes in your home often? Are they part of
your creative flow?

You would be shocked at the times i change my home around. Whether it
be decorating or simply moving around furniture - i cant leave anything
in one place or the same style for too long. Im not sure if that is
with me being a stay at home mum that i have more time to look at things
and work out what i would chance or whether its just my creative flow
coming out and wanting to experiment. Either way its a common statement
in our house that if you stand still too long you will get painted!!

Thank you so much Debbie for sharing your creativity process with us!

Please remember that Jamie Ridler has kindly given me three copies of Your creative Spark to share with you. The first give away will be on September 25th to celebrate our Chapter 6 Check in which will represent the first half of our path together. For a chance to receive a copy of Your creative Spark, leave me a comment here at the comments section and I will add you to the draw. :) I already got Toni, Suzie, Ginny, Camilla, Rhonda, Lucy, Bev and Serena´s names down. :)

How to share with MrLinky: you type in your name in the first box (the way you´d introduce yourself) and then the url/link to your post (not your whole blog url) where you share your work with the current chapter. When you come back next week your name will likely automatically be entered but you need to redo or paste over the url/link with your new post's address.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I've mentioned before, I don't do the mid-chapter check-ins, as they disrupt my flow and take up valuable time blogging. I'll just say here in the comments that I am plugging away at Chapter 6, and have done several tasks and exercises. Having trouble with so much of the "God" stuff - usually I substitute "Universe" but it is harder in this chapter. Off to write my Morning Pages - I'm going to write about what my beliefs are and are not regarding a God/Goddess, etc.

Hope it's going well for everyone else!

Anonymous said...

Can I leave a comment even though I've already been entered in your giveaway? (And I DO hope I am one of the winners! Heeheehee!) I wanted to say that I am really enjoying your format of having an artist interview with your check in posts for this half! It's really helpful hearing about how other artist's find inspiration and their thought processes. Reading Debbie's words I find myself thinking, I really must follow through on learning to crochet, and also being reminded of how much I LOVE doing jigsaw puzzles, especially on cold, snowy winter days, with a nice big mug of hot chocolate! Ooh, now I'm really starting to look forward to the change in weather. I just posted my check in and I could have gone on and on (as I usually do). I am really feeling major shifts taking place, girlfriend! Loving it!

Lynn Stevens said...

nice interview and interesting to see how other are inspired
hugs Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails