Wednesday, November 14, 2012

AEDM Day #14 What do you wish to dare?

For Art Every Day Month hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas I´m posting my working table and finished layout from the day before:

The table looks very similar to yesterday´s as I had only finished one of the 5 pages planned. Today I made a double spread. It doesn´t have a proper long title because it is going into the Christmas album, so it was kind of obvious that this is Christmas 2011. How many layouts titled "Christmas" can you put in a Christmas album? ;)


In case you haven´t heard about Wishcasting Wenesday yet, here´s the drill:
Make a Wish: Dare to dream. Every Wednesday at Jamie Ridler Studios, there will be a wish prompt to inspire you, but you can always wish for whatever you like, whenever you like. If you’d like to share your wish on your blog or website, there will be a space there for you to share your link so that others can visit and help tend your wish.
Support wishes: Be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Visit fellow wisher’s sites and support their wish by leaving them a comment with the simple words “As (insert name ) wishes for her/himself, so I wish for her/him also.” It’s that simple. And if you’ve made a wish, help people know how they can support you by including a request in your post that people use these magical words of encouragement. This is a powerful phrase that includes a belief in the wisher as well as the wish.
Today Jamie asks: "What do you wish to dare?" You can visit her to read what others are wishing for and to add your own wish. 

I wish to dare pulling the plug of projects that are going nowhere like my blog in Spanish. I´m afraid to be quitting too soon. What if it was just about to fly? On the other hand, what if it is just not cutting it? I began it to communicate with the local crafting community and although my metrics tell me it is been seen, it is not fullfilling it´s "contact" purpose. 

8 comments:

Lynne said...

I struggle with the same thing. It's hard to know when to let go!

As you wish for yourself I also with for you :)

Cindi said...

Oh, yes, I have the same problem with hanging on to things that don't seem to be fulfilling their purpose in my life. It is so hard to know when to let go. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

Unknown said...

Blogging seems to be ancient in the world of Facebook and Twitter. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also, whatever way your wish leads you.

Tanja @ Crystal Clarity said...

I hear you, Paula. Sometimes it's so hard to know what's "walking away from something that's not serving you any more" and what's just "quitting when it gets difficult"

I really need to learn to make this distinction more easily myself!

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Unknown said...

I agree that it is hard to walk away, especially when it is something near + dear to your heart.

Your spreads are looking great x

Starry said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also! Positive karma to get your Spanish blog going! You can do it!

Sara Naumann said...

I definitely understand the wish for clarification on when to pull the plug on a project. It's hard!

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails