Sunday, November 25, 2012

AEDM ´12 Day #25 An advent calendar Week 47 2012

For Art Every Day Month hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas I´m posting my working table and finished layout from the day before:
On the 24th I worked with the papers I had chosen the day before.
 Coordinated SEI papers, unknown puffy sticker (remember when those were "in"?) Thickers for the title, coordinating SEI journal box and tab, a bit of ink on the borders.
I finished my advent calendar! Tutorial at the end of this post ------>

For Creative Every Day 2012, I´m taking a picture a day for the whole year. This is my third time around with the Pic-a-day project and at the end of each month I make a mosaic of the month´s pictures. I´ve taken 320 out of the possible 329 pictures for 2012 so far. 

Sunday, November 18th (314/323): Tati gives our nephew T (her godson) his first birthday present. A colourful train with pieces to fit. While walking we discovered that it also had music! We heard music and looked around, trying to figure out where it was coming from. Had anybody changed their ring tones? Did an iPod turn on accidentally? No, it was coming ... from the box.
 Monday, November 19th (315/324): Tati won the Geschichte (History in German) debate! The class had to give (and defend) their opinions on the ancient Greek democracy in groups for the first round, the best performers from each group went on to a second round today. Congratulations to the winners: Tatiana, Renzo, Jennifer and Facundo! They all got a mug with the school logo, sweets and a debate team Tshirt.
Tuesday, November 20th (316/325): Creativity Coffee with Jamie Ridler. This time the chat was mainly about blogging. What a blast!
 Wednesday, November 21st (317/326): Mati´s Visa card arrived.
 Thursday, November 22nd (318/327): another prize for Tati this week, the Silver Sportabzeichen.
Friday, November 23rd (319/328): paper roll collection. Lol! Crafters need to keep these things!
 Saturday, November 24th (320/329): a walk around the neighbourhood and coffe at C&R with hubbie.
{Sunday snippets}: is a collection of photos from your week. This way I can also add the pics that didn´t make "picture of the day" but are still significant to document our family life.  Stop by {tinniegirl}'s blog for more or to play along! I´ll be playing too. :) The tagline is: "No need for words.  Let the pictures tell your story."  Sitting on my hands here not to be too wordy. Please feel free to ask anything you want to know about them. :)



GIVE AWAY news: as part of my plan for next year I need to know who I´m writing for and as a thank you for your participation here I´m putting together a package with local fliers, pages from magazines and books, great for art journalers.

What do you have to do? Simple: leave me a comment to know you are here. :) I´ll add you to a list and I´ll select one winner by one of those random apps on November 30th

You want more chances? Follow my blog by Google connect (Find that in my side bar)
Yet another one? Like my page on Facebook!

ADVENT CALENDAR: crafters keep things, like toilet rolls centers. ;) How many do we need? 28
 Enough for a bif triangle.
We´ll also need green acrylic paint, a bit of water and a wide brush.
 Hold the roll from the inside to paint it green.
 While they dry, we will cut 3 yellow circles, 11 red and 14 green ones just slightly bigger than the rolls. I used construction paper.
 Glue each circle to one end of one roll.
 Staple the rolls together from behind to form your Christmas tree. Ta Dá!
You can place small gifts, cards or sweets from behind. :)
Hope you liked teh project! Now tell me about your choice of calendar for 2012.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You Advent Calendar is wonderful! You are certainly a busy lady. Thank you for the tutorial :)

Unknown said...

Very nice blog. I like your ideas for your projects.

Kelly M said...

That advent calendar is SO CUTE. So your daughter participated in the debate IN GERMAN? Wow! I was once almost fluent in German, but I was never THAT good!

janice smith said...

Ooh! I hadn't thought to make an advent calendar yet. Now you've inspired me! I like the paper rolls...plenty of room for goodies. Congratulations to your daughter for all her recent accomplishments!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That advent calendar is adorable!!! I may have to start using more toilet paper to make one for this this! ;) LOL

Oh and I am loving all of your "pic a day" pictures! Such a fun project!

Kat McNally said...

Your Tati is beautiful... she looks so much like you! Please congratulate her for me on her academic achievements. You must be so proud.
SO rapt you're joining us for #reverb12, Paula! It wouldn't be the same without your gorgeous self.
Kat xxx

misteejay said...

What a cute idea for an Advent.

Many congratulations to Tati.

Toni xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails