Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Second week of Advent

For each week of Advent I want to focus on 4 areas. I will keep the areas but change the focus for each week of the season. :) Want some organizative structure with good spiritual intentions? I´m your girl. :D

Week 1 revisited:
Intention: Love
Decoration: door
Room: Kitchen
Christmas tradition: cards

On to week 2

Intention: Peace
Second Advent Sunday
I have taken to lighting candles while I work on the computer and each night on the mantlepiece. I breathe deeper when coming towards somebody who is already stressed. Emotions tend to run high during the season. I bring my own Peace with me. ;)

Decoration: Christmas tree
Traditionally Christmas trees go up on Virgin Mary´s Day (December 8th) and stay up until the 12th Day of Christmas (January 6th) when the The Wise Men arrive with gifts for children (and young at heart) just like they brought gifts for Jesus so many years ago.

Room: bedrooms
TASK OF THE WEEK: make your room your sanctuary. A place where to retreat when the festivities get overwhelming. A place to rest and re-energize.
*Get your surfaces clean. Get rid of clutter on your bedside tables (Just throw everything IN it if need be ;) )
*Quick dusting of headrests, wardrobes and appliances. Get that energy moving!

Christmas tradition: gifts

Now my kids are older and Santa doesn´t get a long list of toys things can get tricky. This month for the Advent calendar they are getting "experiences" like tickets to the Animé Convention. :)


The images were taken this month and they are part of the December Views project.
Are you reflecting on 2012? Check these #reverb12 prompts out!


6 comments:

Shionge said...

So cozy there and I wish I would be able to celebrate Xmas with you and your lovely family :D

Liz said...

oh I love your blog. It had been a while since I visited, always so lovely. I am participating in Reverb12 as well!

Ginny said...

I love this post Paula. Such great ideas, pictures, and positive feel to it. I am going to think about creating a sanctuary in my house as well. Yesterday my yoga teacher mentioned sanctuary and today you did as well. I don't believe in coincidences so I will have to pay attention to the message.

Sian said...

Lovely!

Yes, funny how toys were easier, isn't it?

Judy Hartman said...

Your intentions and traditions are beautiful, Paula. I felt so inspired as I visited your blog. I love the idea of creating a sanctuary and lighting candles.
Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love this idea for your advent, including making your room your sanctuary! + I love that you gave your kids tickets to an anime convention (I wish you were my mum!!) So very inspiring x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails