Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Julieta designs special moments with party favours ideas

Julieta MastroI am Julieta, proud entrepreneur, graphic designer, mom to Guada and Bola de Luces.
Bola is my escape and it grounds me. It represents making and living of what I truly love which is to use design to make other people´s lives happier, to fill them with colour and sparkle.
When I was in high school, I made my friends´cards. I felt that if they were handmade, they were unique,  they had more value, more feelings. One day life showed me that no job was forever and I took the plunge. I was quite afraid of the uncertain future but with my soul mate (without his support I wouldn´t be here) and my magical baby who conquers the world with her smile I can finally say I can make things happen. Many working hours, long nights and several blcoks of paper later Bola de Luces was born.
Bola de Luces is about design for special moments. Most work is by custom order and born out of the dreams of kids and mamas for special events, sharing with them party favours ideas.

The day you stepped into your current creative space for the first time, did you already know how you wanted your studio to look like or did the design evolve from the actual space?


It has evolved with the business. When I started I didn´t know where I was going to. I only knew I wanted to do whjat I like the most which is design. When Bola de Luces took shape and I saw/understood/listened to where it was going, the space adapted to the project.
notebook

After the work is done, do you clean up after each piece, after each day or whenever you can´t find the table anymore?

In my mind I have the rule that says I should tidy up at the end of each project but that is NOT happening! This season I´m taking things as one very large unique order along the whole season and will tidy up at the end. I give the space a quick tidy over when I can´t find things any more.
souvenir cards

Which is your best time of the day to create? Do you have music on or do you prefer to work in silence?

My best time to créate is afternoons/evenings and if I´ve energy left I go on until I run out of steam or inspiration. Always, always with music. Sometimes as background Company and sometiems singing out loud.
birthday card

Which is your next project?

My next Project is adding new designs to the First Communion collection that took off this year. From an operative point of view I want to make systems more efficient, specially some administrative activities that take me away from my design path.
souvenir party favors

Where can we find you on line?

Intagram: @Boladeluces

ideas


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails