Monday, November 10, 2014

Mara Marc paints with pure magic

Mara Marc
I met Mara through her mother who was my teacher. I immediately admired her delicate, femenine, romantic style of painting. I asked her to introduce herself and tell us about her creative space. Here she is: Mara Marc.
I´m a Bachelor of Theatre Arts from the Universidad del Salvador in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
My first steps in art were by my mom´s hand. I learnt a lot from her! I have had and still have many projects together with her. I´ve also worked in theatre plays with scenery, opera costumes and tv sets for Nickelodeon and Art Attack.
I´ve taken classes with many masters of paint over porcelain and I have my own workshop now.



1) The day you stepped into your current creative space for the first time, did you already know how you wanted your studio to look like or did the design evolve from the actual space?
My space to paint over porcelain is a workshop I have at home. We have a table to work on and shelves super full of materials and half way projects. I built it and it grew when I bought more and more pigments and pieces to paint on. I started with one shelf in a wardrobe and now I have 6 full shelves!
paint over porcelain  plates
2) After the work is done, do you clean up after each piece, after each day or whenever you can´t find the table anymore?
As the table I use is the same for whoever wants to paint in the house I have to put all  my stuff on it each time I sit to paint over porcelain. I take my brushes, pigments, palettes with mixed colours, oils and the pieces I want to work on out and then I put everything back on the shelves when I´m done.
The painted pieces have a special space where nobody can touch them until they are dry! As the pieces need to be put in the oven, some of them several times, a few projects need to be on at the same time.
3D frame
3) Which is your best time of the day to create? Do you have music on or do you prefer to work in silence?
I really like to paint in the evenings when everybody else is sleeping, with music, tea and chocolate! That being said I paint in any spare minute I´ve got and sometimes whole days when I have a big order to ship.
paint over porcelain teapot and cups
4) Which is your next project?
Right now I´m preparing a demonstraion table with my mom Moni Domínguez to show at the Christmas Expo taking place at the Circulo Oficiales de Mar, November 11th to 14th 2014.
paint over porcelain coffee set
5) Where can we find you on line?

4 thoughts on “Mara Marc paints with pure magic


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails