Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Romina Martiré designs shoe making workshops


Romina Martiré When I tell my friends Romina teaches shoe making workshops their eyes light up. Who doesn´t want to have the most original shoes among your friends?  😉

Ro is an awesome teacher, full of patience, talent and passion. When she told me she had no space of her own to create I asked her how she managed to work like that. Here´s what she told me.


Transmitting knowledge and seeing what my students can make on their own makes me happy!

 The day you stepped into your current creative space for the first time, did you already know how you wanted your studio to look like or did the design evolve from the actual space?

I started my carrer teaching shoe making workshops in creative spaces where you could also learn crochet, book binding and other crafts. With time, I taught on my own, with no “middle man”. I looked for a place I liked and that is how I found ARTIS, a very nice place in Caballito, Buenos Aires and that is where I started working on my own.
The project evolved from the space available. When I finally had a spot where to teach my shoe making workshops I could organize my stuff. For each seminar I bring the materials and the tools we will use and some of that is left at ARTIS. That is why I try to teach only  there. I´m also teaching shoe making workshops at Deco Marce´s Showroom. I love that Shared Space, it has a lovely atmosphere and the owner Marce Conti is super sweet. Right now that is the only “other space” I work in. Carrying materials and tools from one place to another takes a looooooooot of energy and planning.

shoe making workshop

After the work is done, do you clean up after each piece, after each day or whenever you can´t find the table anymore?

As I work from home too and in a tiny space ay my mother´s home where I stock the fabrics, cut samples and make pieces for clients my work is quite divided and scattered. This has pros and cons. I try to have everything in order, at least as tidy as it can be. I do administrative work at home. I manage my blog, check the mails. My home is the operations center.
I get up early every day. When I am not teaching a workshop I am takjing one. I love to learn!. I organize my day while I have breakfast, going over the plan I laid the night before.
Even though I´m quite obsessed with having everything in order, sometimes it gets hard to be tidy all the time. Specially when I´m taking things around all the time. I search, take out, put in, shuffle, bring and take allllll the tiem. You know how it is. I´m away from home a lot and that makes things more complex as well. Some days are better than others.
materials for shoe making workshop

Which is your best time of the day to create? Do you have music on or do you prefer to work in silence?

The best time for me is the mornings. I like to get up early, it is my most productive time. I wake up very energetic, I feel fresh in th emornings. I have breakfast, I organize the day, check e-mail and start my work. I also enjoy the late evening and small hours of th enight. After midnight my energy goes up again. I like it when it is all quiet and in silence.
I work with music, of course! I love listening to music while I work. I listen to the radio that keeps me company. I paly music according to my mood. My boyfriend works from home too but he prefers the silence (he is a programmer and needs silence to concentrate) so we take turns at sound or silence or I just use my ear buds. We both love music so we play it a lot.
shoe making workshop students

Which is your next project?

My next step is to plan out the new workshops for 2015, inclusing an on online class I´m working on. I also want to travel around the country and teach the shoe making workshops in several provinces. My main goal now is to have my own space where to teach my classes and have a working space. I want to have everything together in one place. That is what I want the most!
handmade bags

Where can we find you on line?

– Web/Blog: http://rominamartire.com/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/romartirecursos
– Instagram: http://instagram.com/ro_martire
– Google+ : RoMartireRo+
– Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/rominama_ok/

4 thoughts on “Romina Martiré designs shoe making workshops


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails