Saturday, November 22, 2014

Yasmin Di Luca dreams up sweet and fun illustrated objects


Yasmin Di LucaYou only have to look at her and you will notice it. She is extremely sweet and all that charm goes into her brand of illustrated objects Puchinis, which she manages with the love of her life and their handsome toddler.
I invited her to tell us about her creative space. Meet the creative soul of Puchinis: Yasmin Di Luca.


In Puchinis we make illustrated objects to give your home and office that bonus track that it needs. It is design with a dosis of creativity and good vibe.
We want to show you a different way to look at the daily ordinary life, to gift you love and smiles each day.
Our start up began with the news of our first son coming into the world. We decided to go for our dream and bet on making a living from what we love to do.

  •  The day you stepped into your current creative space for the first time, did you already know how you wanted your studio to look like or did the design evolve from the actual space?

This space came to life little by little. What I knew from the beginning was that I needed a designated working space, to separate the living at home life from the working from home life. Each day I incorporate elements that make the daily routine easier, improves the productivity and the inspiration. I always have to have flowers on my desk, they transport me to another world and fill me with joy each morning.
somewhere over the rainbow

  •  After the work is done, do you clean up after each piece, after each day or whenever you can´t find the table anymore?


I tidy up my space along the day as I use each thing. If I have to illustrate I only put out my design file and my pencils. I clear all the rest from my desk to work comfortably. When I finish drawing and I need to digitally edit I put everything away and I only keep the sheet with the design I have to work on. It is a habit I have incorporated because I consider that the external order represents the internal order and that way all my ideas are ordered too.
Let it be - notebook

  • Which is your best time of the day to create? Do you have music on or do you prefer to work in silence?

I love working in the morning. My work routine generally starts at half past seven. I tidy up the house the night before. I take advantage of my baby´s sleeping pattern and I do some minutes of meditation or yoga to clear my mind and body for the day that is about to start. I have breakfast while I answer mails and organize what I have to do that day.
When Tomás wakes up, I turn the music on! I love music, it is a part of me. I like many genres and styles. My choice of music for the day really depends on my mood . I love listening to sung mantras, nature sounds and classical music to relax and be inspired. If I need a power up I like funk, indie, trance or doo wop. And if I´m grumpy, hold on because Korn, Slipknot or Story of the year come out! Hahahaha.
Marilyn illustrated object - board

  • Which is your next project?


Puchinis has been working on an e-book for a while. It belongs to a new section of the company called Puchinis Factory, the logo hairdressers.
It is a complete guide on design theory for entrepreneurs to learn about graphics in corporate identity. It is a complementary method to go with all the services that we offer, which are low cost, of easy access and great performance.
studio and illustrated objects


  • Where can we find you on line?


Web/Blog: www.puchinis.com

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails