Sunday, March 13, 2011

A busy fortnight

Or Hey, babe! What have you been up to? :D

Let me start by thanking Toni for this award. *beam*
I need to tell you eight things about me, so I´ll take this opportunity to catch up as I´ve noticed I´ve been only doing the Wednesday Wishcasting posts.

Artwise: 1) I´m working on my Wishcasting Journal edited by Jamie Ridler. It is a mix of collage and writing. I´m playing with my Staedler fine point markers.

2) I´ve started taking local art classes. Yes, local! As in 3D teacher there in the room with me instead of 2D on line. ;)

3) My first technique will be decoupage with volume. No, I`ve never even done decoupage and I´m jumping into the volume stage.

4) First step: paint a white acrylic base. I chose a frame. Not too small, not too big. Enough space to play.

5) Here´s where it gets tricky. I´m always forgetting a step. Always a different one! Lol! Practice, practice, practice.

In case you are wondering: choose decoupage napkin, cut chosen images. For each image: choose placement, peel backing off (they come with two backing papers, sometimes I forgot one, sometimes both, sometimes none), put adhesive on base, place image, from the center outwards brush glue on image, let dry. Second stage for images: brush glue on image, put cold porcelain, shape it, brush glue, put the same image on top of the first one + porcelain, with the other end of the brush shape the valleys of the image, brush glue on top to seal.

My first attempt.

Family time:

6) Summer is officially over, the kid´s pool was put away after the classes started on Feb 28th.

7) Long weekend. We had lunch by the river with my cousin and his family. The same we shared holidays with.
8) My first Starbucks coffee in Argentina. That coffee shop has actually been here for a couple of years and I´d never tried it locally.
9) Bonus: my first ever waffles. I had got a waffle maker for my birthday a month ago and hadn´t used it yet. The temperature dropped a lot on Saturday so warm waffles sounded great for tea.

7 comments:

misteejay said...

Enjoy you art classes - it is so much better having a real teacher.

Your summer has come to an end but we are still eagerly awaiting the arrival of spring - that always seems so strange.

There is a Starbucks near where I work - it gets so busy which is probably a good thing or I'd be in there a lot more LOL

Have fun my friend
Toni xx

The Dolphin Inn said...

Ooooo proper art classes, a little envious here ! looks like you had fun with the technique, lovely little catch up post Paula, looks like you are as busy as ever, hope you and the family are well, take care hon xxx

Ginny said...

I always enjoy seeing how busy you are. Enjoy your art classes and Starbucks.

gina said...

Congrats on the blogger award! Your art class sounds like fun. I like what you did with your journal.

Unknown said...

nice post. I have never tried decoupage. Your frame looks good. And I could do with some waffles... anytime :)

Anne Butera said...

Congrats on your award! Nice to get a peek into what you've been up to. Your waffles are making me hungry! Can't wait to see more from your art class. How exciting!

Serena Lewis said...

Those napkin techniques sound like a lot of fun!

Those waffles look perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails