Sunday, August 07, 2011

Chapter 3 Check In, getting kind of artsy

1) Morning pages. I´m all over the place writing things like "I haven´t got a clue what to say this is getting kind of boring i have already said everything i need to say do i really have to say it all over again just to fill this ... lines no i´m not going to write swear words what if the kids ever get hold of this notebook..." And so it goes on and on for two pages at 5pm. I´m glad there is no wrong way to do these pages or I´d get an F for these. :D

2) The artist´s date was not what i had planned. I had this long list of recommendations for the library. I envisioned a nice chat with the librarian (who is a friend I´ve known for over 20 years) while stocking up on books. Only they have changed their opening hours and I had 10 minutes to gather my things (My public thanks to Ceci who stayed 20 minutes after her hours for me to run around like a crazy headless chicken)
The Universe was kind and sent me another date. I usually visit my mom with the kids after school. Hubbie picks me up later and we go to the movies or dinner while the kids have dinner with my mom. A win-win situation. :D
I told hubbie I wanted to try something slightly different for dinner as we usually stay within our comfort zone near my mom´s place. He took me to the old part of the city, a traditional pasta restaurant called "Campo Dei Fiore". The framed mirrors were amazing and they had pretty paintings too, lots of them. Another artist´s date on my doorstep. Or should I say delivered to my table? ;)
I was playing with my new turquoise paint. I was doing some sanding outside. Don´t worry, I didn´t touch the camera. :D
Neither did Daniel.
3) Not a single task!!!! Better get cracking. :)

10 comments:

misteejay said...

Love the hand colour - certainly a new look...LOL

Enjoy your weekend.

Toni xx

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

The universe does provide for us. Love your date.

Anonymous said...

The dinner date sounds wonderful!

Ginny said...

I love seeing all that you do each week. You inspire me to keep finding new things. My husband and I shared a lunch yesterday at a Colombian restaurant which was my Artist's Date. We had never eaten Colombian food and we really enjoyed everything about the restaurant. Have a great week and thank you for all of your inspiration.

Ileana said...

Ha! The morning pages can be trying, I KNOW! I've rambled on there and reminisced...I go off on tangents all the time. I go places I don't expect, too, but I wouldn't call it "good writing." :/ I guess it'll come in time, huh?

I like the pic of your hands and I'm glad you were able to enjoy a more artsy artist date. I need to think of something fun, too! This past week was CRAZY and I didn't fit one in.

Time to get busy with Chapter 3! Have a great week, amiga!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Paula. I've just started chapter 3. I left a update for my chapter 2 on my blog. I love your commitment to hosting. You're amazing. XO

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the morning pages. I have done that to fill up the last page on some mornings. Hey, like you said, there is no wrong way. One day this week I managed to break free of the humdrum of the usual morning pages fare and went with the "stream-of-thought" way of writing them and I really do think there is something to this! It's really tricky trying to stay in that mode because the inner editor / critic starts trying to interfere immediately. That restaurant looks so cozy and charming! What a treat! And thanks for the good tip on making an artist's date out of a trip to the library. That's certainly something I can squeeze in this week. I've got one 2 blocks from my job! Another realization: I I complicate things needlessly. I need to look for more simple and immediate artist date scenarios. This sharing is so good, it's really scrubbing the cobwebs from my brain and mind! Good luck on your tasks this week. Don't worry, they happen to be a whole lot of fun to do this week!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, and I like the picture of your hands, too! Love the color turquoise, such a happy color!

" M " said...

Yeah the universe does give you messages that you just can't believe that the signs are the answers , its exciting , I so have to get the book The Artist way I still haven't pick one up , I think I will order it online today , I do want to do this with you , I sort of did with the blog post yesterday . Yeah thats awesome one of the Bombshells is your guest , those gals are fun , and I just love the stamps , their my favorites actually . Thanks Paula for being my friend . : )

Anne Butera said...

Sounds like you're having fun, though! Love they painty hands!

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails