Saturday, November 01, 2014

Leah Piken Kolidas is Art Every Day Month ´s soul

Leah Piken Kolidas I participated in Art Every Day Month for the first time in 2006. It was fun, bubbly, with awesome talent and new friends and I went back for more again and again year after year. For 2014 I´m interviewing 30 talented and interesting artists from all over the world. Of course I had  to start by the creator of such an amazing art project: Leah Piken Kolidas.
I asked her about her creative space:
1) The day you stepped into your current creative space for the first time, did you already know how you wanted your studio to look like or did the design evolve from the actual space?
My current space is new and I’m still getting organized. When we added a new member to our family this year, I made my art studio my daughter’s big girl room, so that our son could move into the nursery. Our study downstairs is now my studio space. It is smaller, so I’ve had to get creative with storing things, but I love how it’s on the first floor and easy to access in my day to day life. And I love how sunny it is! I have the basic layout happening, but it may change as I get used to it.
Key to winter by Leah Piken Kolidas
2) After the work is done, do you clean up after each piece, after each day or whenever you can´t find the table anymore?
I’m kind of messy. I love organized space, but in reality it gets a bit chaotic. The upside to this is making unexpected discoveries as I work. It works for me. I tend to wait until it bothers me and then do one big clean.The unknown by Leah Piken Kolidas

3) Which is your best time of the day to create? Do you have music on or do you prefer to work in silence?
I love to work at night, but with two young kids, one of whom is a newborn, I create whenever I have the chance! I like to work with music on or even a podcast.
Whale dreams by Leah Piken Kolidas
4) Which is your next project?
My next project is Art Every Day Month! I’ll be creating every day and posting it on my blog every day in November as I have been doing every November for over ten years! This year will be extra challenging, but I’ll be going for it along with anyone else who signs up for the challenge. All forms of creativity are welcome!
Love, loss and letting go by Leah Piken Kolidas
5) Where can we find you on line?
Blue Tree Art Gallery Shop: http://www.bluetreeartgallery.com

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails